Home Inspiration: Hand Painted Vases

Thursday, August 11, 2011


Let's talk about wedding vases. My new favoritest thing is hand painted vases. I'm in love. Just imagine on your wedding day, each vase having it's own unique flair. I would have absolutely loved it! Here is the issue though, the flowers are supposed to be the main focus of a floral arrangement, not the vase. With a hand painting on the vase, it might make the vase seem too busy with the flowers in it. Here is the solution, use only one color & only a few types of flowers. That way the vase is what brings your color pallet to life, not the flowers. You have to be the one to decide if you can handle all the colors & patterns, I think it would be absolutely breath taking!
So where do you find hand painted vases? Search around Etsy or thrift & vintage shops around town. You are sure to find a ton that fit your needs. Another solution, paint  your own! It's very simple actually. You just need ceramic paint & a de-greaser. See this blog here for the DIY project.


Image sources {vntagequeen, EphemeraAndMore, VintageModernAndMore}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you.
I really do!