Summer Hash Recipe

Wednesday, September 7, 2011










































If you didn't hear the news, I have officially dubbed this month as Culinary Challenge Month. In order to get my cooking skills up to parr. One week down & it feels great! I'm putting one foot in front of another in order to learn what every wife should know! So I started out light, with two not-so-hard recipes.


First I made a delicious smokey summer hash, with veggies & bacon. (Everything is good with bacon, unfortunately). It had potatoes, zucchini, onion, bacon & corn, sprinkled with paprika, it had a late summer taste.

Difficulty:   Easy
Taste:   I would rate this bad boy 8 out of 10. I would definitely make this one again.

The second recipe I made this week was a chicken corn chowder. The days are starting to get colder & I could feel it in my bones. So I set off to find a great corn chowder recipe. Unfortunatley, this corn chowder was not as creamy as I like because it used condensed milk instead of whipping cream. It also had way too much thyme, but that's an easy fix. I think next time I will go with a different recipe.

Difficulty:   Easy-ish
Taste:   3.5 out of 10. I wouldn't make this recipe again.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to be making this week. But this week I will be making 2 new recipes & a dessert! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you.
I really do!