My Vintage-Inspired Wedding

Saturday, August 25, 2012





















































Wedding season always gives me a sense of nostalgia. I get taken back to my own special day.

When I got engaged I began checking out all the amazing wedding blogs out there & I will be honest, I was completely overwhelmed. Where do you start? I made mood board, after mood board & everyone was completely different. There was a huge variety of different ideas, colors & styles & I loved them all! And it didn't help that I am the most indecisive person I know.

About a week after getting engaged my Mom & I set off wedding dress shopping. The first shop we stopped at was a little hole-in-the-wall shop with an over enthusiastic sales woman. I had two ideas in mind; lace & long-sleeved. The first dress I tried on was it! Lace, 3/4 length sleeve, easy to alter to open the back & most important, 100% me.

After I had the dress, EVERYTHING else fell into place. We knew then we were going to have a vintage-inspired wedding. We chose rich colors, a vintage wedding venue & hired a jazz band. And now that I look back, it was OUR wedding. Completely perfect for Drew & I.

Isn't it funny how every wedding you go to just FEELS like that couple?

1 comment:

Maria said...

your wedding dress is stunning! Congratulations :)

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you.
I really do!